Remote doesn't program with TV, help using cable box volume
Belisk

Hello, I have just had Fios installed in my home and my remote is not able to program with my TV. I have a Magnavox TV and it is old, The installer said that my TV is unable to be programmed with my remote which is why I am here. I have tried every opion in the Control manual to no success. The remote I have is a VZ P265v2 RC and the code for my TV brand is 222 (which doesn't work). I can live without the power opion and the others that come with it, but I need the volume to work since I do not have a remote for my televsion. So my question is, is there a way I can have my remote just use the cable box itself as a volume control without it being programed to the TV if you understand what i mean.

I apologize for the horrible sentences grammar and any confustion, I don't exactly know how to exsplain what I want. I know the Cable box has its own volume setting and the TV has its own volume setting, I want to be able to just use the cables to adjust the volume with the remote.

~Edit~

I have found the opion I want to use in the Audio settings called "Set-Top Box Volume", now is there a way I can bing this opion to my remote volume keys so I dont have to go into the settings each time to adjust the volume

0 Likes
Re: Remote doesn't program with TV, help using cable box volume
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you tried to go to Settings, Audio and choose Volume Control and set  this to variable.

That option is supposed to let you use the STB volume control.  I assume you are using Coax or component cables to connect the STB to the TV?

0 Likes
Re: Remote doesn't program with TV, help using cable box volume
Belisk

It is set to variable in the audio option, and I assume its using Coax or component cables to connect the STB to the TV since the installer did it himself, and I honestly don't know what those are. I have a wire from my wall connected to my box and then the box is connected to the TV.

I also have multiple other boxes in my home that was just installed as well, and were able to be programmed for the TV using the remote, and the volume controls the actual TVs volume, not the STB volume which is in the opions. Thats the volume control in which I want to use//the only one I seem to be able to use via the control but its only accessable threw the opion and its quiet inconvient since differnt channels seem louder and quieter then each other.

So same question stands, is there a way to use the volume buttons on my Controler to use the STB Volume not the actual TV's. It is current set on variable, not fixed and still no go. And once again I have tried the command codes to program the remote and doesnt work, even tried using them all via pressing the <OK> and the FIOS TV buttons then holding the PLAY button for quiet a few minutes and still a no go.

0 Likes