Remote not working for Fios STB
wildthang1

Remote works for TV, but not for the STB in living room. 

I have the same model in a bedroom, and both remote work the STB in the bedroom, but not the STB in the living room

Any ideas? . 

0 Likes
Re: Remote not working for Fios STB
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If the box is not responding to the remote, please unplug power cord to the box and plug it back in. Also make sure the STB button on the remote is pressed before trying to use it to control the set top box. If this does not solve your problem, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
durple

I am having the same issue with my STB. Both the remotes stopped working on my DVR STB. Remotes continue to work for the TV though. Unplugging and waiting for the STB to reset did not work. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Some people still have the 4 button universal remote (TV AUX DVD STB) 

and for those controllers you might have selected the tv button which would have turned off your set top box (STB) functions.  So you would have to press the STB button to get them back.      

If you want them lined back together you would click menu, customer support, in home agent, program remote and it will give you instructions on how to link the tv and stb power buttons together again

Figure depicting the Philips RC1445302 Remote Control

0 Likes
hsallee

My remote stopped turning my STB on and off.  I followed the instructions of pressing STB and OK  then 9-7-7 then TV then STB.   It continues to turn tv on and off, but not STB    I unplugged the STB, I reset the STB - nothing helps.

BTW, the time also did not change (DST) on either of my STBs - had to reset it manually using the menu etc

0 Likes
JC9991

I have also noticed all of my STBs (I have 4) are not as responsive to the remotes as they were in the past.  I had each of my STBs replaced as part of the latest exchange program (This supposed "easy" exchange was hell).  

I also replaced 2 remotes using the Customer Support option.  I was sent 2 power button remotes instead of 4 power button remotes.

I will be calling CS for answers.  I will post updates if I make any progress.  Otherwise, I am starting to lose faith in what used to be a great service.

Anyone else having these issues?

0 Likes
dkva4321

Same is happening for my office STB. Remote works for TV, but not for STB. Only way to get STB to work is using the remote in the FiOS TV app or using a different universal remote. How has this question not been answered yet!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes