Remote not working right - need new one for main tv
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

My remote is not working very well even after putting in new batteries.

Turning the tv on and off is a challenge with it. I have to point it just right and it takes many attempts.

How do i get a new remote? Please provide the steps i need to take or phone number / website /cost,etc. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote not working right - need new one for main tv
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't give out free ones any more.

Too many people abused it.

Try googling FiOS accessories or look on eBay.

There are a  number there

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't give out free ones any more.

Too many people abused it.

Try googling FiOS accessories or look on eBay.

There are a  number there

CDOsr
Enthusiast - Level 3
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks. I guess being a Fios customersince around 2007 doesnt matter.  Can i use my Fios rewards towards a new remote at least?  i mean the remotes dont last forever.  Should be free replacement after being a long time customer.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agree it would be a better idea to allow occasional replacement of the remotes.   But of course they changed this policy because of the major abuse they were getting.

I happen to have a few spares because they don't want them back when you upgrade equipment which I did.  Once to replace a 6xxx with a 7xxx, and then to upgrade to Quantum.  Good thing, because I dropped one once too often and another is acting a bit flaky at times and probably ready for retirement.  Now being Frontier, I wonder what their policy is.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I found a solution for this...    I just need to hold down the power button for a few seconds and it turns the tv on.  Before it was like 10% effective.  When i hold down the button , it works every time to turn the tv on or off.  Yeah, they should replace these for free if you are a customer for over 10 yrs or have had the remove for over 5.  That would be fair.

0 Likes