Re: Block CNN AND MSNBC why should i pay for channels i never watch
SMS12
Enthusiast - Level 1

We all pay for channels we don't watch! I don't watch any non-English channels because I can't understand the language, CNN or MSNBC to mention a few, but I still have to pay for them!

Fios Channel Reduction
Jerkman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am wondering why I should continue with Verizon and Fios -- you keep dropping channels.  I can only surmise, Verizon is attempting in a Woke Manner, to drop conservative news outlets and programming.  Is Verizon a Communist / Liberal Company?  

Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
twopar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. Cutting out OAN just makes my tv line up even more overpriced.  $200/month for the 6(now 5) channels I watch would go along way toward purchasing streaming services. I may as well get out my scissors for cutting. The "woke" have won again using Verizon as their weak-kneed enforcer; and the left wing publications are crowing about it.

OAN dropped from Verizon NOT because of Money
cool22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do NOT want my news curated.  I watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX, OAN, etc.  I want the freedon to make up my own mind and not have news censored.  Every side deserves to be heard in a democracy.  This is not about money as the parent company (Herring) offered deep discounts but Verizon refused and has gone Woke.  Shame on verizon for deciding what I can and cannot access.  Do I want CNN removed because I may disagree with some reporting?  No, so don't censor and don't lie to the customers by pretending it's a money issue when it is strictly political.  I am ashamed of verizon for giving in.

Re: OAN dropped from Verizon NOT because of Money
tomb6116
Enthusiast - Level 2

OAN divulged the details of how far they were willing to go to seal the deal.  Step up, Verizon, and let us know how many pieces of silver it took to sell out your customers.  What, exactly, was it that you couldn’t accept that resulted in you being “unable to reach an agreement to continue carrying One America News (OAN) and A Wealth of Entertainment (AWE) owned by Herring Networks after our current agreement expires on July 30, 2022. Effective July 31, 2022, we will no longer have the rights to provide this programming, and it will be removed from the Fios TV lineup.”

WAWIJO
Enthusiast - Level 1

OAN is the only news channel I watch regularly. I cannot tolerate the bias on CNN for more than a few minutes of viewing.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course, one network i may have some use for, they aim to remove (-_-)

Freedom45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why must I pay additional money for a specific news channel and not other news channels?!

Re: New Channel - One America News Network
Freedom45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wholeheartedly agree!

0 Likes
kloozoh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

OAN's Pearson Sharp says that Verizon is capitulating to the FCC's Congressional Oversight Committee [DNC controlled] who want the cable carriers to ban ALL conservative news outlets. FCC's charter says it should assure that there's a full spectrum of views on TV but,  with the current regime, the FCC's funding is in jeopardy unless they look the other way [just like the DOJ/FBI].

On the other hand, Robert Herring [OANN CEO] may be using this contract deadline [7/30/22] as an opportunity to move to the "pay-per-view" arena [like Paramount+, Disney+, HuLu, etc.] since OANN can now be streamed live for a $5/mo. subscription.

I don't think we'll ever get a straight answer from either party.