Removing channels you are not subscribed to
npolite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have been searching for what I am looking for and want to confirm this before calling to switch from Comcast. I unfortunately can't find a channel listing of what will show up when I get the basic setup with HD so I would like to be sure that IMG 1.9 will allow me to just show the channels that I am subscribed to and when I channel up and down will not display an channels that I am NOT subscribed to.

I was reading up on the favorites but that only cycles up through the channels and I want that functionality in the channel up and down.

Thanks for taking time to read this

Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing channels you are not subscribed to
Mikenotre
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can view channels that you are subscribed to in 1.9.  When you are in the guide, hit options, and select to display subscribed channels only.  I use it all the time.  I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It depends on what package you sign up for as to what channels you will get. You can read about the different packages as well as the channels they include at http://bit.ly/oNEMJQ . The IMG 1.9 channel guide shows every channel, not just the ones you subscribe to. Currently there is no way to view just the channels you subscribe to.

0 Likes
npolite
Enthusiast - Level 2

If this is true, the person I spoke with was incorrect and we are going to have a huge issue as this is a dealbreaker. If I can't channel up and down to only the channels I am subscribed to this isn't going to work.

What is the guide setup that everyone talks about in 1.9 that will allow you just to see the channels you are subscribed to?

Here is her exact wording:

" You will be able to see the channels which are included in FiOs TV package, so package is already filtered so you will not be able to see the channels which are not subscribed."

I don't mind if all of the channels show up on the guide (well it would be nice if they didn't) but I need the channels to go up and down with the ones that will only work. Favorites will not work for me as they only increment up and not down.

0 Likes
Mikenotre
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can view channels that you are subscribed to in 1.9.  When you are in the guide, hit options, and select to display subscribed channels only.  I use it all the time.  I hope this helps.

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, you can set it so you only see subscribed channels, so long as you have the 1.9 IMG.  If your area still has 1.8, you would have to manually do this through the Favorities button.  While the above poster is correct, you still need to do some additional steps to ensure that your subscribed channels will be locked in when you use the Guide button.

Go into Menu

Select Settings

Select Television

Select "Last Viewed Guide State"

Select "Enable"

Now, go into your Guide screen, hit the "Options" button on your remoted, and selected "Subscribed."

Now, when you go into your Guide screen, it will only show your subscribed channels.  It will stay this way until you change it or if you reset your box or lose power and the box goes out.

It will still show PPV channels even if you don't order a show because you still have the option of getting that channel.  It won't show any channels you don't subscribe to, like HBO or a channel in a higher tier.  Hope this helps.

npolite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome...thanks to everyone for helping out and I can't wait to switch! I have a Feb 11th date.

Nick

0 Likes
billm76

This works only when selecting guide, is there a way that when I use the channel up/down that I only see the channels that I get and not the message "You are not subscribed to" for every channel that I don't get?  This is very annoying.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, it works when using up/down as well.

To do this, hit the right arrow key on your remote.  It will take you into "modes."  From there, select the option you want (subscribed channels, HD only, etc.).  When you do that, you will see only what you selected when you scroll up or down on the remote.

The other way is for when you are viewing channels in Guide mode. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
hadams99

It took me almost a year to figure it out, but YES you can see only subscribed channels!!!  I was frustrated that no one could tell me about this nor was it easy to figure out. However, it works perfect now!

In the guide, you can hit "OPTIONS" on your remote. It will give you a menu in the bottom right corner. From there, you can choose all listings, favorites, HD Channels, Subscribed.... Mine automatically goes to which ever I choose each time I hit guide now, but there may be a setting to 'remember' the last choice. 

0 Likes
RobA1

I've used the directions above and I'm still getting channels I don't subscribe to.

I have the prime package + hbo.

My guide isn't showing things like Showtime or cinemax but it does still show all of the Starz channels, NFL Redzone, Indie Plex, retro plex, encore, etc.

0 Likes