Replace remote battery flashes
markl128
Enthusiast - Level 2
For many months every time I change channels I see replace battery flashing on my tv. The batteries are new. I called Verizon and they could not solve the problem. I tried another remote and the warning still shows. What can I do?
0 Likes
Re: Replace remote battery flashes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried replacing the batteries?

Does it happen on more than 1 box or just the one?

If it is just the one, it might be that the signal is being affected so the box believes it is weak, therefore the batteries need replacing?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Low batteries or bad remote.   The remote itself sense the low battery and sends that info to the STB which then reports it. 

If you are sure the bateries are good make sure the contacts in the remote are clean.

0 Likes
DDekker
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same thing happens to me. It's something to do with the way the fios remote "communicates" with my tv, but nothing to do with the battery level
WalkerBoh1

Don't fight it. I used rechargeable AA's with a 2800 MaH rating but even they failed the 40% charge warning within a week or two. Rechargeables only produce 1.25 volts, so I was starting out behind. I surrendered and now use Energizer Lithium's. They show 100% charge under the System info. The best the rechargeables could ever muster fully charged was 69%

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes