Replaced with 7232 DVR, getting old box off my account?
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

So I took advantage of the upgrade to the 7232 (had a 7216), installed it Friday, sent back the old one same day, they received it yesterday (using UPS tracking).  The old machine still shows up in my online account (I only have 1 box/ 1 TV).  It's hard to schedule online since it first tries to connect to the old machine.   I'm thinking it will eventually go away but -- what have other people's experiences been? 

I called support (prior to when they received it) but they say they cannot do anything -- that once the old is received they can remove it.  Wonder if I should call support again?

Thanks for any info.

0 Likes
Re: Replaced with 7232 DVR, getting old box off my account?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Just give it time. The web site does not update in real time. Generally speaking, once recieved by Verizon, the web site officially can take 10 business days to update, but most of the time it gets done in a couple of days. If they recieved it yesterday, then I would expect it to be off the web site by friday.

Calling tech support will get you no-where. They cannot make any changes to the web site. You just have wait for it to do its thing.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, just be patient, it will come off the account.  the guys in the wherehouse have to check it in and do their things to the boxes they receive, so it may take a few, like spacedebris stated.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@spacedebris wrote:

Just give it time. The web site does not update in real time. Generally speaking, once recieved by Verizon, the web site officially can take 10 business days to update, but most of the time it gets done in a couple of days. If they recieved it yesterday, then I would expect it to be off the web site by friday.

Calling tech support will get you no-where. They cannot make any changes to the web site. You just have wait for it to do its thing.

Well....I called tech support the day after I had delivery confirmation for my returned 7126.  The agent said she could and would take the old DVR off my account.  The next day it was gone from My TV Central.

I concur the old STB will fall off your account eventually once it's received by Verizon but I think the 48 hours it took for the old box to disappear from my account was expedited by call tech support.

0 Likes