Replacement DVR can't see recordings on other DVR..
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

Replacement DVR can't see recordings on other DVR..  The other DVR can however see and watch recordings from the replacement.

The following message comes up:

"The package on this VMS does not support access from other devices. Please go to 'Configure and Upgrade' and upgrade your Verizon DVR service."

0 Likes
Re: Replacement DVR can't see recordings on other DVR..
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tward392 wrote:

Replacement DVR can't see recordings on other DVR..  The other DVR can however see and watch recordings from the replacement.

The following message comes up:

"The package on this VMS does not support access from other devices. Please go to 'Configure and Upgrade' and upgrade your Verizon DVR service."

You could try this on the two DVRs, but I'm not sure if it will erase your recordings:

Main Menu > DVR > Configure & Upgrade>Refresh Device

0 Likes
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

That doesn't seem to really do anything.

0 Likes
craphead123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chatted with Verizon Tech support.  They want me to disconnect everything from power for a few minutes (ONT, Router, and Set-top boxes) then connect them again.  Waiting to do that since people in the house are currently online, but I have a hard time thinking that would resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@craphead123 wrote:

Chatted with Verizon Tech support.  They want me to disconnect everything from power for a few minutes (ONT, Router, and Set-top boxes) then connect them again.  Waiting to do that since people in the house are currently online, but I have a hard time thinking that would resolve this issue.

By powercycling the system, it resets any glitches that may have occurred, and could clear up your issue. I think you have to call billing and get them to correctly authorize your two boxes, the VMS as a master and the IPC as a slave.

0 Likes
craphead123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I unplugged the set-top boxes, router, and ONT.  After plugging it all back in I still get the same results.  The replacement DVR can't view recordings from the other DVR but the DVR that wasn't replaced can still see the replacement one.

Just seems like if it was something on the account it would have been taken care of already since they knew they sent a replacement box.

Every time I contact support it's always restart everything, I understand that fixes some things but it doesn't fix everything and I usually make sure I restart stuff before contacting them, but disconnecting everything is a pain and I have to wait for a good time to do it.

0 Likes
craphead123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does it matter that one DVR is a VMS4100 and one is a VMS4100P2?

They have done everything now, they had me change my plan, they wait 20 minutes, unplug the ONT and Router, wait 10 minutes then plug them back in.  Now they want to change my router.

This is getting ridiculous.

0 Likes
craphead123
Enthusiast - Level 2

And another unplug  of ONT, Router, DVR for 5 minutes, still same message!😡

Really losing my patience now.

0 Likes
craphead123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now it requires a tech.  This is just stupid.

0 Likes
craphead123
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Anonymous wrote:

@craphead123 wrote:

By powercycling the system, it resets any glitches that may have occurred, and could clear up your issue. I think you have to call billing and get them to correctly authorize your two boxes, the VMS as a master and the IPC as a slave.

This is an issue going from VMS to VMS though, I haven't even messed with the IPC's as they are both still disconnected.

After 10 unplugs of everything and multiple I changed somethings on your account now they want to send a tech out.

0 Likes