Replacement Video Media Server won’t complete Set Up
Poweron3

Our Fios television service stopped working. We called service, refit re-directed THREE times (“sorry they sent you to wrong department”) finally got a person to help us. They could not resolve the issue. Had a new Video Media Server box sent to us. It would not work. Called again and the sent out a Technician. Technician came to the house and replaced all the equipment in our garage (main box) thinking the equipment out there was the issue. But he still could not get The box to work. Told us the box was refurbished and “fried.” He said they never should have sent it out. So we call again, they tell us we can come to local office and pick up a new box.

That VMS box loads to 25% then says ”unable to connect to Media Server.” I press A for technical details and it starts downloading and fails. Message says “Cannot download mrl” Then we get the error code 2203-DL28.

I tried unplugging power, plugging back in while hitting Menu button as many times as possible. Got Run, arrowed down to Cold and pressed OK. I got the same results.

At my wits end.... still on hold with service again. Losing patience with Verizon. Can anyone help me? Hoping there is something I can do here to resolve. Thank you in advance!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacement Video Media Server won’t complete Set Up
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Poweron3 wrote:

Our Fios television service stopped working. We called service, refit re-directed THREE times (“sorry they sent you to wrong department”) finally got a person to help us. They could not resolve the issue. Had a new Video Media Server box sent to us. It would not work. Called again and the sent out a Technician. Technician came to the house and replaced all the equipment in our garage (main box) thinking the equipment out there was the issue. But he still could not get The box to work. Told us the box was refurbished and “fried.” He said they never should have sent it out. So we call again, they tell us we can come to local office and pick up a new box.

That VMS box loads to 25% then says ”unable to connect to Media Server.” I press A for technical details and it starts downloading and fails. Message says “Cannot download mrl” Then we get the error code 2203-DL28.

I tried unplugging power, plugging back in while hitting Menu button as many times as possible. Got Run, arrowed down to Cold and pressed OK. I got the same results.

At my wits end.... still on hold with service again. Losing patience with Verizon. Can anyone help me? Hoping there is something I can do here to resolve. Thank you in advance!!!

Unplug box from wall, unplug coax. Reboot router, wait for it to stabilize. Plug power in to Fios box, turn it on, attach coax back. See if it finishes now. If not, I hate to say you may have another bad box.

View solution in original post

Re: Replacement Video Media Server won’t complete Set Up
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Poweron3 wrote:

Unplug box from wall, unplug coax. Reboot router, wait for it to stabilize. Plug power in to Fios box, turn it on, attach coax back. See if it finishes now. If not, I hate to say you may have another bad box.