Replacing VMS1100 & Clients with VMS4100
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

I exported my DVR schedule to the cloud.  Would also like to save the user setting particularly my Favorite Channel lists, but cannot find anyway to do it.  Anyone know how?

0 Likes
Re: Replacing VMS1100 & Clients with VMS4100
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a lot of posts on this, and a lot of unhappy people. Look at some of the previous posts, I believe you can save some of what you want, but not all.

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

"I believe you can save some of what you want, but not all."

Other than the DVR schedule what can be saved & how?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty sure all you can import to the new box are your schedule and user settings. Since all your DVR material is stored on a hard drive in the old box, it can't be imported, probably due to copy protection issues.

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think you can import Nor export ANY "user settings".  The user settings were what I was trying to save.  Cannot find a way to do it.  Which means I have to maually re-do every setting including Favorite Channels.  Major fail on Fios's part.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JJKiv wrote:

I don't think you can import Nor export ANY "user settings".  The user settings were what I was trying to save.  Cannot find a way to do it.  Which means I have to maually re-do every setting including Favorite Channels.  Major fail on Fios's part.

You may be correct, I was thinking of the older boxes. Don't see anywhere to import or export the settings on the new boxes. Sorry about that!

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for trying