Reset your Smart TV to Factory Defaults when you change Service (DSL, Speed, Provider, etc...)
NoServiceHere1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded my Internet Service from Verizon DSL (750 Kbps) to Verizon FiOS (50/50 Mbps) Internet with Phone (No TV…).

Besides the usual Desktop Computer (on Ethernet), I also had a Laptop, a Tablet, two smart phones, and I also had a Vizio Smart TV on WiFi.

After the upgrade, Magic… But the Installation took quite a while and I forgot all about Smart TV.  Since I set up the WiFi on the TV previously, I though No Problem…

Yeah right, I could log the TV onto the new FiOS Network and the TV found the Network and had a Strong Signal, but it would not download (Apps did not work…).

I even hooked the TV directly into the Modem with an Ethernet Cable and it still would not download.

After much research and lots of luck, I found out what the problem was… Even though I logged onto the new Network and even though the TV had a strong signal, there must have been some residual configuration settings that the TV set up to use the DSL and this would not let me use the FiOS…

I had to reset the TV to the factory defaults to get rid of all the old settings.

On my Vizio Smart TV, in the Menu, under SYSTEM, there is a sub-menu RESET AND ADMIN, and in this sub-menu, there is the RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS Button.

After resetting to factory defaults, I logged onto the FiOS Network, just like I did before, but this time, all the Apps on the TV worked as they should…

So the Moral of this story is, If you changed your Internet service (Method, provider, whatever…) reset the TV to factory defaults to start fresh…