Returned STB to Store, still showing I have it, What Gives?
darkprime
Enthusiast - Level 2

On December 10th I went to my local Verizon FIOS store location and swapped my SD-STB (QIP2500) for an HD box.  When I got my new bill yesterday, it's still showing that I have the SD Box and it shows the HD box.  I called billing and was told that there's nothing they can do and that I had to speak with FIOS Solutions for them to investigate the box in question.  I was transferred to them and was told that there's nothing they can do and that I must speak to Billing.  Because today is a Sunday, they said they are closed and refused to transfer me back.  I told them I was just on hold for 60 minutes and spoke with Billing for 15 minutes, so how could they be closed.  He said I was crazy (in not so many words) and refused to transfer me.  I called Billing back and was told there's nothing they can do and that the store I returned it to must look into it.  I haven't contacted them because they really are closed, but why should I have to?  What gives?  What do I need to do?  The ID number of the box in question is {edited for privacy}.  

0 Likes
Re: Returned STB to Store, still showing I have it, What Gives?
prisaz
Legend

Wait until the store opens and call them. Did you get a receipt when you turned the box in? If they gave you one for the returned box, it should have come off of your account. If they did not give you a receipt, chances are it is sitting in the warehouse or possibly even assigned to someone else. Not likely that it is assigned to someone else because it should show in the system. The store may have issued the new HD box and never check in the old box, but the store needs to find your box, and you should get credited for their mistake. Be it the box is only $4.99 or $5.99, it is much more if they try to make you pay for the hardware.

0 Likes