SOLVED: Programming Samsung Smart TV remote to FIOS Set Top Box (STB)
sbojic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, so just want to post this for other members can use.

Samsung Smart TV Remote CAN be made to work with Verizon FiOS STB.

Here are the steps (and one trick that I only accidentally found):

1. Make sure your Smart Remote is paired with the TV (I got a new remote that had to be paired first). It has to be a genuine Samsung remote that, when holding the Back and Play buttons, shows on TV and pairing is successful !

2. Make sure STB is connected and fully functional

3. On Samsung TV go to Source --> Universal Remote

4. Select New Device --> Cable or Sat Box --> TV

5. When asked to select your provider DO NOT select Verizon FiOS Digital (as it shows on my list. This one won't work !). Scroll down and select "My service provider is not listed"

6. Then from this new list select Verizon.

7. When prompted to change channels, they do change. Press Yes to ack everything works and you are all set.

My STB is HD QIP 7100 1

Was struggling for hours with this, selecting Verizon FiOS Digital and channels would never change. The trick is to select Verizon, only on the second screen.

Hope this helps anybody.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SOLVED: Programming Samsung Smart TV remote to FIOS Set Top Box (STB)
elplomero
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
elplomero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks 😊 👍🏽

0 Likes
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

What exactly does this do?  Can you use both the channel button and voice prompt on the Samsung remote to change channels? When you change channels, you still see the FIOS interface, correct? So if you use channel favorites lists, then you still need the Fios remote to toggle between favorites lists / all channels? Does the Samsung remote have any other Fios functionality?  I guess changing the channels is pretty much all you would need since you can still control the volume and power tv on / off with the default functionality of the Samsung remote.  (Most leave the Fios STB powered on over night anyway) So you really don't need to use the Fios remote for every day usage?  I wonder if this will work on the VSM1100 STB? Thx.

0 Likes
SuedeMan

Thanks, that solved my issue!

0 Likes
vincent11

unfortunately it does not work with Arris VMS1100.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

It SHOULD work with the VMS 1100 as the command codes are the same as the VMS 4100.

0 Likes
mjg11

Unfortunately that did not work for the Samsung qled 80r ... any other ideas?

0 Likes
YapahI

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes