Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
Ok, so just want to post this for other members can use.
Samsung Smart TV Remote CAN be made to work with Verizon FiOS STB.
Here are the steps (and one trick that I only accidentally found):
1. Make sure your Smart Remote is paired with the TV (I got a new remote that had to be paired first). It has to be a genuine Samsung remote that, when holding the Back and Play buttons, shows on TV and pairing is successful !
2. Make sure STB is connected and fully functional
3. On Samsung TV go to Source --> Universal Remote
4. Select New Device --> Cable or Sat Box --> TV
5. When asked to select your provider DO NOT select Verizon FiOS Digital (as it shows on my list. This one won't work !). Scroll down and select "My service provider is not listed"
6. Then from this new list select Verizon.
7. When prompted to change channels, they do change. Press Yes to ack everything works and you are all set.
My STB is HD QIP 7100 1
Was struggling for hours with this, selecting Verizon FiOS Digital and channels would never change. The trick is to select Verizon, only on the second screen.
Hope this helps anybody.
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
What exactly does this do? Can you use both the channel button and voice prompt on the Samsung remote to change channels? When you change channels, you still see the FIOS interface, correct? So if you use channel favorites lists, then you still need the Fios remote to toggle between favorites lists / all channels? Does the Samsung remote have any other Fios functionality? I guess changing the channels is pretty much all you would need since you can still control the volume and power tv on / off with the default functionality of the Samsung remote. (Most leave the Fios STB powered on over night anyway) So you really don't need to use the Fios remote for every day usage? I wonder if this will work on the VSM1100 STB? Thx.
Thanks, that solved my issue!
unfortunately it does not work with Arris VMS1100.
It SHOULD work with the VMS 1100 as the command codes are the same as the VMS 4100.
Unfortunately that did not work for the Samsung qled 80r ... any other ideas?
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH
In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!