STB DVR Video Settings Getting Reset with Power Cycling a New LG LCD TV
fblevins17
Enthusiast - Level 2

My STB is getting its Video Settings reset when i power cyclye my new LG TV.  I can manually set video to be 1080 setting as well as setting override to STRETCH while the TV is on.  Just a soon as I power the TV off and back on they are reset to the lower 720 HD settings and STRETCH is no longer on.  I thought it was LG, but I go not support from their tech as they said their TV could not reset a cable box at all.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: STB DVR Video Settings Getting Reset with Power Cycling a New LG LCD TV
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Actually TV's can reset the box. They are not supposed to but they can. IF you are using HDMI cables that is. TV's and cableboxes communicate via the HDMI protocol so that the STB puts out the prefered settings of the tv. Now the STB is also supposed to save manual settings but that can be overridden by the TV's prefrences. Check to see if your tv has a manual setting for the 1080 or not. If so, set it and that should take care if it. If not...maybe others will have suggestions.

0 Likes
fblevins17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  Verizon is sending a new box.  Same model, but differnt type of memory.  Should handle handshake better between TV and box.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Same model but different memory? If it's the same model then nothing is different!

0 Likes