STB Going Off
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

For the last few days my STB ( HD QIP 7100-1 ) has gone off and then a Fios Download has  happened to bring back my picture and audio This has happened at least twice a day while I'm watching a program. FYI I have done the diagnostic test and all parts but the DVR have shown successful--I don't have a DVR so this marked Failed is not the problem . All other tests such as  Fix Fios TV Issues, Self Diagnostics, Network Diagnostics, STB Reboot  have not helped or shown any problems.

I can't believe that updates are happening so often,so do I need a new STB?  This is the first time this has happened .

Also Sleep Timer is on Never.

Holly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB Going Off
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Something I did or Verizon did has solved the problem as I haven't had the STB go off since I posted this a week ago. If it was something I did as noted by me on June 9,  I don't know which of the things I did solved the problem. But if this happens to someone else, I would suggest you try all the things i did that were posted in my first message.

Holly

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the box is dying.

Probably need to contact support.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Something I did or Verizon did has solved the problem as I haven't had the STB go off since I posted this a week ago. If it was something I did as noted by me on June 9,  I don't know which of the things I did solved the problem. But if this happens to someone else, I would suggest you try all the things i did that were posted in my first message.

Holly

0 Likes