STB Pricing?
Nick1112

How much does an HD set top box cost per month?

I have a multi room DVR box on my main TV and another STB.  I want to add a third STB that is compatible with the multiroom DVR.

WHat will the additional montly charge be?  VERIZON could not make their pricing any more complicated!

0 Likes
Re: STB Pricing?
prisaz
Legend

@Nick111 wrote:

How much does an HD set top box cost per month?

I have a multi room DVR box on my main TV and another STB.  I want to add a third STB that is compatible with the Multi Room DVR.

WHat will the additional monthly charge be?  VERIZON could not make their pricing any more complicated!

This is a Peer to Peer Community, where customers help other customers. If you wish to have a quoted total cost from Verizon, you would need to contact them directly. The Contact Us link can be found at the bottom of each web page.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

From what I recall, the new STB prices for the HD STB is $11.99. If you have a MR DVR, the new price for that is $21.99, and you receive discounts based on the amount of hardware you have. Take the regular prices of the hardware, add the devices' total costs, and subtract the discounts shown here.

https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GOFLOW/Common/VbundleENYD.aspx

Mine for example. That should be close to what you are asking to configure.

21.99 MR DVR

11.99 HD STB

11.99 HD STB

45.97 Total

-5.98 Discount

39.99 Hardware cost.

3.99 Cable Card for my TiVo

43.98 after Cable Card Cost.

Yes, I believe the hardware rental is a rather steep cost. I have been trying to think of ways of lowering it.

When the box cost was raised $2 each, they ultimately wiped out our discount that we had. If you drop the multi room feature, you will save $6 but then you lose the discount on the STBs from what I see. If you exchange the DVR for a HD STB, it saves you $6. So you might as well keep the MR DVR for $6 more, and the discounts. I have done all the math, and Verizon knew exactly what they were doing with the $2 increase. They did raise the cost of all the hardware rentals, that ultimately wiped out our previous discounts, just as I said. Do the STBs cost more the longer you have them, NO! It just increases their profits, and covers the costs to get the older hardware out of circulation. Regardless of what devices you have everyone gets hit with the cost.