STB turning off intermittently, now it doesn't work at all
vidaloca2k4

My HD STB has stopped working.    i'll be playing watching a show, when suddenly the box will turn off, i'll get a grey "please wait" screen and then it says something about the box being locked.  it'll come back up after a few minutes, but previously recording programs will be interrupted.  this has gotten worse over the past month - it used to happen maybe once a week, now it happens several times daily. 

Finally, this morning, i turn the dvr on and i can hear audio, but there's no picture.  I tried the whole "unplug, wait for 15 seconds", and that revived it temporarily, but now it's gone again.    There's plenty of circulation, it's not placed on top of any other box.  The fan doesn't make any unusually loud noises.

i called verizon and they're sending me a new box now, but any info on this problem would be great.  help! Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: STB turning off intermittently, now it doesn't work at all
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well, there could be any number of possible problems. Problems with the software on the DVR, bad Hard Drive, Failure of one of the tuners, etc. The only thing that as customers we have any control over is to make sure that the STB has plently of circulation and that we have a surge supressor/protector that the STB is plugged into. Electronics just sometimes go out.

0 Likes