Samsung Remote No Longer works with STB
Mrswilde
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Smart TV can no longer control my STB. It’s been paired for 6 mo tha, and stopped working a week or so ago. I tried rebooting the STB and the TV; and tried re-pairing, but no luck.

The STB is IPC1100 P2.

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Remote No Longer works with STB
Mrswilde
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions- I tried all those steps, but no luck.

i removed the batteries from the remote for 30 seconds, then put them back in, and it seemed to work. It may have reset something in the remote control

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mrswilde wrote:

My Samsung Smart TV can no longer control my STB. It’s been paired for 6 mo tha, and stopped working a week or so ago. I tried rebooting the STB and the TV; and tried re-pairing, but no luck.

The STB is IPC1100 P2.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure you are using the correct code for the TV? Is Simplink on the Samsung enabled? Is video input control on the Verizon box disabled? If all else fails, unplug the Fios box from the wall, Unplug the TV from the wall, Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV to the box, Plug the Fios box back in, plug the TV back in . Re-attach the HDMI cable.

Mrswilde
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions- I tried all those steps, but no luck.

i removed the batteries from the remote for 30 seconds, then put them back in, and it seemed to work. It may have reset something in the remote control

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How was the Samsung remote controlling STB?

I have a Samsung TV and the remote does allow you limited STB functions.

But it requires an IR TX to be in front of STB.

You didn't pair the remote with STB.

You just had t go in to TV settings to choose the correct model STB.

I just checked it and it works fine.

I also have IPC1100.

Ehgriezer0
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine was working until recent and now I can’t get it to sync back again ipc1100p2. Troubleshooting has failed unfortunately 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ehgriezer0 wrote:

Mine was working until recent and now I can’t get it to sync back again ipc1100p2. Troubleshooting has failed unfortunately 

Did you try wiping out the remote, taking out the batteries for 5 minutes or so, then re-programming the remote?

RayFerg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. I had the same issue. My Samsung remote definitely controlled my DirecTV settopbox until last year I noticed it was no longer supported, just as some of the Apps are no longer supported. This is ridiculous, they sell us these products and then end the partnerships forcing customers to purchase new televisions or apple/amazon/chrome devices to reacquire smart functions.

0 Likes