Samsung Smart TV remote function.
drooplug
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just upgraded my TV to a Samsung UH6950.  It comes with the Smart Control for the remote.  I have an Onkyo SR309 receiver and the FIOS VMS1100.  I'm trying to get the Samsung remote to operate all 3 devices.  The Smart Control will operate the devices via HDMI-CEC or infrared.  I am currently set up to use the HDMI-CEC.  I have the VMS1100 connected to the TV directly and the Onkyo connected directly.  Both via HDMI.  At first, the TV, receiver, and stb would turn on all in one shot, and only the TV and Receiver would turnoff.  Now it is the opposite.  The TV and receiver turn on without the STB, but all 3 will turn off.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get these guys to work correctly?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Smart TV remote function.
Cerebud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does the STB have HDMI CEC? Because most, if not all, don't have it. Which really sucks since every device I own uses it (PS4, Apple TV, Samsung TV). 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't bother to turn off VMS.

DOesn't save any energy when you do so.

0 Likes
hev59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently am having the same issue with my smart TV (new). It is connected via CEC to an Onkyo home theater system. The TV recognized my 12 year old BD player as soon as I used it. It can't see the STB so I have to manually control the receiver to play the STB.

0 Likes