Science Channel dropped as of 4/26/2022
FCD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just found out after going down the Verizon 'chat' rabbit hole that I no longer have the Science Channel.  It was dropped and NOBODY told me it was happening.  Watched it last night, and today, 'poof' it was gone.  What the heck?  Verizon needs to restore it to the packages it was removed from.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Science Channel dropped as of 4/26/2022
Chaos66
Enthusiast - Level 1

They actually sent a tech out to troubleshoot the issue instead of just owning up to the fact they dropped the channel.  The tech told me they moved it to the ultimate package.  This is the game they are playing.  Have the contract expire..drop the channel...bring it back in a higher package..  I told Verizon I am paying for a package with this channel and I expect it back in my packge.

View solution in original post

Kahn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just discovered this myself.  Now they want $30 more for the same crap I had yesterday.  Makes streaming a whole lot more attractive.

T9Cx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wasted a lot of time to find out Verizon dropped it from my package. More incentive to drop cable altogether

Dolley1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree. We are very upset in our household. May need to consider comcast again 

Azia1428
Enthusiast - Level 1

So super upset about this since I pay for the extreme package that includes every dang channel except the sports package and it states I have the science channel as part of my package but they killed the channels. So not right and for dang near $300 a month including equipment this is unacceptable 

Brentl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a bunch of crap. Are we getting anything new in place of loosing my beloved Science Channel? Probable a home shopping channel, if anything. I’ll consider Spectrum now!

MauiBum1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The best part, it still shows on their website as being part of my package.  WTH are they doing.  I swear they are becoming just like an Extended Auto Warranty company. 

"Oh, we told you that was covered when you bought the plan but if you review page 556, paragraph 3 line 6 it clearly states that we can and will change the terms and covered parts at our whimsy.  I'd hate to be you." 

Pretty much sums up my chat conversation with Verizon today.  

Chaos66
Enthusiast - Level 1

They actually sent a tech out to troubleshoot the issue instead of just owning up to the fact they dropped the channel.  The tech told me they moved it to the ultimate package.  This is the game they are playing.  Have the contract expire..drop the channel...bring it back in a higher package..  I told Verizon I am paying for a package with this channel and I expect it back in my packge.

PBsci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely unacceptable.  Verizon will lose business if they keep this up. Add one channel back for $15 a month…..are they serious?

VZFiosGigUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sit down after dinner to watch... and I get some message on the screen.  I was confused.  Well... power of Google.. I end up here.  One of the handful channels that I care to watch.  Totally not happy!