Screen goes black audio still works
suzmob

I've noticed for the last couple of days when I am watching tv (YES network), the screen suddenly goes black, the audio still works.  If I flip the chanell selector on the remote up or down a few chanells it comes back.  This is happening on both of my cable boxes.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Screen goes black audio still works
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your TV service. Is this happening on any other channel other than the YES Network? Are you still having the trouble? We would like to see if we can reproduce this. How often does it go to black like that? Is it during a certain time of the day? Thank you for your time in answering our questions so we can look into this further.

0 Likes
as590

I also have the same issue with the screen going blank and the only solution is to change the channel and then go back to it. Seems to only happen on the TV connected to the DVR, which has tested just fine.

Any and all solutions are welcome. I prefer not to spend an hour or two going through an endless loop of verizon computer voices on the phone.

0 Likes
frustrated002

We are having the same issue.  Just the channel goes blank; the audio, display, guide page still works.  When you are on the guide page, the corner where the screen of the current channel is also blank.  Can Verizon help in solving this problem?  I'm very frustrated with it.

0 Likes
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
change out your HDMI cable then get back to us.
0 Likes
Stevems

I had this issue but it was worse on some channels than others, switching channels some went black instantly, and some after workinf for a bit. I bought a better quality HDMI cable, and unplugged the box for a while while I replaced the hdmi and now all works fine. Ill repost if problem reappears.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes