Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
dpod1184
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to access On Demand TV and my set top box automatically rebooted itself. And it now has been rebooting itself continuously for the past 2 hours. The tv in the bedroom did the same thing when I tried to access on demand, but then once it rebooted the TV stayed on (I haven't tried On Demand in the bed room again). Obviously it's near impossible for Verizon to respond to their customers (I have been on hold for 50 mins). Has anyone else experienced this problem? I tried physically resetting the box, but it just keeps turning off and on by itself.

Re: Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
kmac

Ok, so it's not just me.  Just started tonight.  Same thing you are experiencing, constant rebooting of my Motorola STB.  Havent checked the DVR yet.

0 Likes
hma429

Tried to access on Demand on two different boxes, it just keeps trying to reboot itself.  Seems as if they pushed out an update for On Demand and it's failing.  TV was working fine prior to accessing On Demand.

0 Likes
hma429

Does anyone actually work at Verizon when there is an issue or do they all run for the hills?  I've been on hold for 45 minutes.

0 Likes
Set top box continually rebooting
Vertiviper

After selecting a program to watch from the Search menu, my set top box is now restarting every 10 seconds. During the restart it says "click menu to watch Fios", if I click Menu the box restarts and it goes into "Initializing". After initializing it will play TV for a brief moment, then restart. 

The issue happened at the same time on all boxes in my house.

I called customer service, briefly spoke to a rep, then was put on hold (am still on hold 48 minutes later)

Advice welcome!

0 Likes
DrJT

I'm having the exact same problem, from the exact same scenario.  I also sat on hold for 20 minutes before giving up and using the online troubleshooting to order a new DVR box.  Anyone know if you can move recorded programs from one DVR to another?  I had a lot of stuff on the old one.  I assume it's now lost.

Kudos to Verizon for a job poorly done.

0 Likes
Re: Set top box continually rebooting
DrJT

Just posted in another thread, but I'm having the same issue with my DVR.  I have a non-HD set top box in another room that is still working. I have moved it to the living room TV for the time being and am watching standard def for now.  Hopefully they clear up what appears to be a major problem.

0 Likes
Re: Set top box continually rebooting
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Vertiviper,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dpod1184,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kmac,

0 Likes