Small Fios Box for Second TV
dulphins

Hello,

I have the regular box set up with a main TV and am trying to connect the second smaller box.  Appears as though it should be as easy as connected the source to the box and the coaxial cable from the box to the TV.  I am not getting any service.  ANy ideas on what the trick might be?

0 Likes
Re: Small Fios Box for Second TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model is your current box and smaller box?

Have you tried putting smaller box in place of current box to see if it works?

Might be that coax connection to smaller box is not hooked up to splitter.

0 Likes
dulphins

Hello and thank yhou for your reply.  

The large box is model QIP7100-P2.  The smaller one is DCT700.  After inital setup, the large box was working on the TV on the first floor.  The smaller box was left connected to the source upstairs as I did not have a TV yet.  When I got a new TV, I decided that it'd be better to have the TV upstairs be the primary and swapped the boxes.  The large box works fine.  I do not have a splitter on the smaller box as the router is upstairs with the larger one.  Later this evening I'll try moving the boxes to see if the smaller one works upstairs with the router and splitter.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

DCT 7000 are simple adapters and should work for SD programming as long as they are connected to a COAX that goes back to the ONT.  THe don't care about what else you have connected.   Note they are extremely limited.   Since the ont only has a single coax output, there must be a splitter somewhere in order for your two boxes to be able to see signals.

0 Likes
dulphins

Hello,

I do have a splitter connected with the large box upstairs.  And the adaptor connected with a single coaxial cable.  Does it make a difference where the splitter is?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So did the bigger box work on the same cable downstairs?

Did you have to change any cabling when you swapped boxes around?

0 Likes
dulphins

The larger box was initially connected downstairs and works in both locations.  The adaptor doesn't work.  I changed cables and had no luck.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you connect to TV, do you see anything?

How are you connecting box to tv?

If coax, have you tried setting TV to antenna and trying CH 3&4?

0 Likes