Some channels show on one box and not on other
Koons1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe I can get some tips here before I undertake the  45 minute call just to get past my phone number. I have two boxes; there are individual channels - to which I subscribe - that show on one and not on the other. Specifically, Channel A shows on Box 1 but not on Box 2, and Channel B is the other way around.  I should not need to say that the refresh feature is utterly bogus (I've tried it dozens of times). I've tried calling the number that the screen shows, entered quick codes and I think even my blood type, and Ms. Mechanical Verizon responds, predictably, "hmmm, I can't seem to recognize you". Of course not, although you do when it comes time for my $140 monthly payment. In any event, any hints as to what is going on?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Re: Some channels show on one box and not on other
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Koons wrote:

... I have two boxes; there are individual channels - to which I subscribe - that show on one and not on the other. Specifically, Channel A shows on Box 1 but not on Box 2, and Channel B is the other way around ... any hints as to what is going on?

What is your TV plan?  Which model STBs are in use?  Are both SD, HD, etc.?  What is the wiring layout?

Please provide details and perhaps I or someone else can give it a go.
0 Likes
Koons1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have one of the high-end HD packages, I think the second highest tier. This actually happens only on the HD versions of the two channels in question (it's not impossible that there are others, but if so, they are channels I don't indulge). The boxes are Cisco CHS 335HDC. The wiring starts in the attic and runs behind the walls onto wallplates and then from there to the two boxes with coax. I've had Verizon for 16 months until this started happening.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most common issue with channels not showing up can be signal levels.

I would check all of your connections to amke sure they are tight.

Are both boxes coming off the same splitter?

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Koons wrote:

I have one of the high-end HD packages, I think the second highest tier. This actually happens only on the HD versions of the two channels in question (it's not impossible that there are others, but if so, they are channels I don't indulge). The boxes are Cisco CHS 335HDC. The wiring starts in the attic and runs behind the walls onto wallplates and then from there to the two boxes with coax. I've had Verizon for 16 months until this started happening.

No answers yet, but a few more questions:

1.  Are you using any of the "Favorites" features?

2.  Have you tried any of the "Fix STB" or "Fix DVR" routines on the boxes?

3.  Can you try reversing the individual coax feeds in your attic (or wherever) they are located?

4.  Have you tried running the boxes separately (i.e., unplug coax to Box 1 and run Box 2, and vice versa)?

5.  Maybe Very Important :  What kind of cables are you using between each box and the related TV?

These are merely probes to give further info.  However there is an off chance that someone here will recognize the symptoms if given the data.

BTW the "CRobGauth" comment may very well be pointing out the problem, so checking signal levels (either in your own diagnostics pages or by a VZ customer service tech)  is a very good place to start.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Koons wrote:

I have two boxes; there are individual channels - to which I subscribe - that show on one and not on the other. Specifically, Channel A shows on Box 1 but not on Box 2, and Channel B is the other way around.  I should not need to say that the refresh feature is utterly bogus (I've tried it dozens of times). I've tried calling the number that the screen shows, entered quick codes and I think even my blood type, and Ms. Mechanical Verizon responds, predictably, "hmmm, I can't seem to recognize you". Of course not, although you do when it comes time for my $140 monthly payment. In any event, any hints as to what is going on?

Thanks

John

Hello,

What exactly happens when you try to input an HD channel number into the remote?  

Does it bring you to the channel and then you see a displayed message that says 'You are not subscribed to: _____ "?

If you're getting something different, then check the following:

1)  If it's a problem about the guide not showing all channels you can try:

From the FiOS TV Remote, click on Guide -- Options and check that the Mode says 'All Channels' and not just 'HD Channels' or 'Favorites'.

2) If you have both Cisco 335s and one is not allowing you to watch HD, check the cables you have between the set top box and the TV (as mentioned by armond).  Are both STBs connected to high-definition TVs?  Are you using HDMI or component cables for HD? 

Make sure you're not using a second coax or red-white-yellow cables for standard on either of the STBs.  Also check that your input on both TVs are set to HD.

3) Try the following autofixes (as also suggested by armond):

From your FiOS TV remote, go to:

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Reboot STB

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Set Top Box Auto-Correction

Menu -- Customer Support -- Self Diagnostics - Start  (check that everything looks OK and Successful).

4) If all else fails, try contacting Verizon's Technical Support at 1-888-553-1555.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Gary201

Was having the same problem with a standard def tv in my bedroom but am using a QI97100 Motorolla HD box. Science and Military channels would not come in on sd but the hd channels were, but very choppy.

All connections were fine and finally ran the Auto Correct in the In-Hone Agent and it did say that the signal for those channels were not optimal. So I just ran the fix and it works now perfectly.

Also forgot to mention that in the living room, using the same box, but with a slim led tv. I have never had a problem. Maybe the living room tv uses most of the signal power and the crappy tv in the bedroom dosent get enough signal power..? Who knows but hopefully you have fixed your problem by now. 🙂

0 Likes