Soundbar Problems
J7t21s

Hi I’m hoping you guys can help me out. I have a JBL sound bar 2.1 with wireless subwoofer and fios TV. I had a Samsung TV and I had no issues and the FiOS remote controlled the soundbar (connected by digital optical cord), the TV (on and off only as I disabled the internal speakers), and the STB box. I had to replace the Samsung TV and bought a LG 65 UJ6300 smart TV. Now with this tv I have it set up the same way (as same with the old I didn’t progam the remote to work with the soundbar it automatically did because the soundbar works with Samsung and LG to be able to use the tv remote to control volume, even when I turned that feature it still occurred) But when I used the exit function or the DVR Button, or the arrows Up, Down etc. it makes the volume go up/down with every click. I bought a Harmony hub companion thinking that the remotes used similar infrared codes or what ever and they were “cross talking” so I set up the harmony remote and still having the same issues. Have any ideas? I’m stumped 

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Soundbar Problems
MWC0827
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to a JBL Bar 3.1 and started experiencing a similar problem.   Every time I used the Verizon remote to access the guide and browse channels, it would cause the volume to go up or down on the sound bar.  I have a harmony remote - same problem.  Finally called JBL, the tech sent me a software upgrade/patch via email which solved the trouble.  Took all of 30 minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Soundbar Problems
MWC0827
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to a JBL Bar 3.1 and started experiencing a similar problem.   Every time I used the Verizon remote to access the guide and browse channels, it would cause the volume to go up or down on the sound bar.  I have a harmony remote - same problem.  Finally called JBL, the tech sent me a software upgrade/patch via email which solved the trouble.  Took all of 30 minutes.

0 Likes