Spectrum ads on FIOS
ProTV

Not a huge deal, but why are there ads for Spectrum on FIOS.

0 Likes
Re: Spectrum ads on FIOS
jonjones1
Legend

@ProTV wrote:

Not a huge deal, but why are there ads for Spectrum on FIOS.

Because the advertising cannot be blocked. If spectrum is paying they have to show it. Spectrum also shows Fios ad’s and DirectTv and Dish commercials.

there is also some sort of law about access.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cable companies pay for advertising on channels.

Cable providers can't block any of the ads that channels show.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a certain amount of ad spots that Verizon is allowed to fill (depending on the channel and the agreements for those channels).  I doubt that Verizon sells such spots to other competers such as Spectrum.

However most spots are sold by those channels and those have to be shown if Verizon wants to carry these channels.  Some of those spots may be national, regional, local.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

There are a certain amount of ad spots that Verizon is allowed to fill (depending on the channel and the agreements for those channels).  I doubt that Verizon sells such spots to other competers such as Spectrum.

However most spots are sold by those channels and those have to be shown if Verizon wants to carry these channels.  Some of those spots may be national, regional, local.

You can doubt that all you like. There are open regulations on the advertising shown on Fios tv, cable tv and satellite tv. One over the other cannot refuse to allow their ad on the service. I think the FCC and those that license cable tv, Fios tv or satellite tv to rebroadcast the stations. The stations may very well also garner revenue individually for those competitors ad’s but the services cannot block them. 

0 Likes