Split HDMI after STB?
mrsmrs1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I install an HDMI splitter after the STB to feed signal to 2 TVs?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Split HDMI after STB?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes ... mine is both (a switch -- 4 in; a splitter -- 2 out).

I would suggest you choose a powered unit, one capable of supporting HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 HDCP, and full HD 1080P.

And yes ... they can be finiky.  So order from somewhere you can return and order a different brand if you find the one you get doesn't happen to like your TV's (and if you need to troubleshoot, try silly things like using different cables or plugging the TV's into the a different port on the splitter).

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you should be able to do this.  This will work much like HDMI selector switches which allow combining multiple HDMI feeds to drive a single HDMI input on a TV.  I have a 4x2 switch in my setup (4 HDMI in, 2 HDMI out) and it works fine. 

Obviously, both TV's will see the same channel and picture.

0 Likes
mrsmrs1
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you so much for your reply.  f/u question: just want to confirm splitter & not switch - i know there is difference but not sure if it matters for my application.  all i want to do is send same signal to 2 TVs.  thanks again

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes ... mine is both (a switch -- 4 in; a splitter -- 2 out).

I would suggest you choose a powered unit, one capable of supporting HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 HDCP, and full HD 1080P.

And yes ... they can be finiky.  So order from somewhere you can return and order a different brand if you find the one you get doesn't happen to like your TV's (and if you need to troubleshoot, try silly things like using different cables or plugging the TV's into the a different port on the splitter).