Strange Issue With QIP 7100 STB and Sony Bravia TV
Machete1

I am having a strange issue with a 27" Sony Bravia Television connected to a Motorola QIP 7100 HD STB.When viewing a non HD channel the television input number display, resolution display, picture mode display and clock come on and off every few seconds. The issue stops when I tune in to an HD channel. If I return to a non HD channel the issue reappears. I am new to FIOS from Directv where I did not experience this. The television is connected to the STB via HDMI. Everything else seems fine except for picture stuttering that I am getting on all of televisions but I'll save that issue for a separate thread. I tried removing the TV remote to no avail and changing the batteries in both the FIOS and TV remote with no success either. This is a very annoying issue and I feel that it must be caused by the STB. I was wondering if anyone experienced anything similar to this and if they were able to correct the issue. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you and Happy New Year.   

0 Likes
Re: Strange Issue With QIP 7100 STB and Sony Bravia TV
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It is possible that your Sony doesn't support the mode the STB is set to for SD (some HDMI TV inputs don't support all formats that the STB can output).

Have you tried going to the STB settings menu and under Video Settings played with the various options for 4:3 override?  This setting controls the STB output for SD and lets you set 480i, 480p, and OFF (also STRETCH at least on some firmware version).  In the OFF setting the STB upconverts your SD to whatever the HD resolution is set for - 1080i or 720p.

Hope that solves your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Strange Issue With QIP 7100 STB and Sony Bravia TV
Machete1

Thank you for your assistance. I tried all those settings and nothing seemed to work. I tried swapping receivers and the same thing happened with the swapped receiver. It's either the Television or the something in the software for the receiver I guess. I don't really know. If I disconnect the Motorola receiver from the television and connect to a standard over the air antenna, the issue is gone. I don't what it could be. I'm going to try  connecting the receiver to the tv using component cablesand see what happens. Thanksd again though for your help.

0 Likes