Streaming audio problems
jamesguld
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently added a new receiver and and speakers to my smart TV. The problem I'm having is when streaming from Netflix or Prime, I have video but not audio through the external speakers. If I go into the TV's setting and switch to internal speaker I do get audio. Here is how it is hooked up. Fios box, CHS 355HDC, HDMI cable to Dennon Receiver, cable/sat. IN port. Then HDMI from Dennon receiver ARC out to Sony TV in ARC HDMI port. 

I can get cable channels and DVD player to work through the external speakers but no streaming.  The HDMI cables are new except for the one that came with the FIOS box which is a couple of years old. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Streaming audio problems
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

If you have the TV going into the TVSAT port on the Denon you need to choose TV Audio as the input on the Denon, and in the input menu make sure hdmi is the input chosen.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

If you have the TV going into the TVSAT port on the Denon you need to choose TV Audio as the input on the Denon, and in the input menu make sure hdmi is the input chosen.

jamesguld
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the help. The TV is going into HDMI ARC Out port on the Dennon. I just unplugged the cable and replugged it and used the TV Audio setting and it works now.