Stuck in Music channels
Btowngirl

Whenever either our DVD or the auxiliary box gets tuned to a music channel, it gets stuck there. We enter a new channel, but the box stays stuck, even after resetting entirely. The only way we can get out is - sometimes - if we can use channel up or down a few times, then it lets us enter a new channel. So far, eventually we get out, but today it took 5 minutes before I finally was able to to get the channel changed. This happens accidentally sometimes. There is a delay when I enter the new channel numbers. Today that delay was so long that I thought I hadn't entered the final number. When I entered it again, the tv went to one of those darn music channels, and there I was stuck!

0 Likes
Re: Stuck in Music channels
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Btowngirl wrote:

Whenever either our DVD or the auxiliary box gets tuned to a music channel, it gets stuck there. We enter a new channel, but the box stays stuck, even after resetting entirely. The only way we can get out is - sometimes - if we can use channel up or down a few times, then it lets us enter a new channel. So far, eventually we get out, but today it took 5 minutes before I finally was able to to get the channel changed. This happens accidentally sometimes. There is a delay when I enter the new channel numbers. Today that delay was so long that I thought I hadn't entered the final number. When I entered it again, the tv went to one of those darn music channels, and there I was stuck!

Try unplugging the power to the box for at least 3 minutes, then plugging it back in.

Alvis1

I am tired of doing that almost every time I use MC. It seems now it's part of one of the widgets. What did Verizon Fios change? Why don't they tell us how to exit to regular channels without disconnecting power? This is basic stuff. We are paying for decent service. Verizon, please tell us!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Alvis wrote:

I am tired of doing that almost every time I use MC. It seems now it's part of one of the widgets. What did Verizon Fios change? Why don't they tell us how to exit to regular channels without disconnecting power? This is basic stuff. We are paying for decent service. Verizon, please tell us!

Have you tried exiting the widget app to get back to the regular channels?

goodluck

There are software upgrades to the STB that were supposed to be automatically installed. If you still have this problem contact Verizon Technical Support and they can fix it.

0 Likes
Mpc3

I used my fios app tv troubleshooting.  The system remotely restarted everything and brought me back to live tv.  Took about a minute.  I have not been back to MC tosee if it is fixed.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes