Sync AV on Multiple FIOS Cable Boxes??
FloMoJoe

I am trying to set up multiple cable boxes in different rooms that are near each other, so that when I want to display different programs in different rooms, I can, but when I want to have the same program running on all boxes, they will display the program in perfect sync with each other. What I am finding is that, sometimes they are in sync, and sometimes they are off by 4-5 seconds. All FIOS boxes are running cable to the box with HDMI to the viewing source. Any ideas of how to fix the out-of-sync issue or otherwise accomplish what I am trying to do? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Sync AV on Multiple FIOS Cable Boxes??
prisaz
Legend

Try component cables on two of the TVs that you notice the worst delay with. It could be the differences with the HDMI hand shake and decryption between vendors. Are all the TVs, or STBs the same type?

0 Likes
rgoodale

I am experiencing the same issues with my FIOS Quantum service.  I don't believe it's a handshake issue as was suggested.  

In my house, the DVR STB and a standard STB are close to each other, and the delay between theTV outputs is sometimes 5-6 seconds.  What is annoying, is that i can pause one TV and get them to sync, but then when we turn the channel to watch a different game, i have to start the manual sync process all over again. Also, one TV will lead on one channel, and the other TV will lead on another channel.

I have tried un-plugging the STB boxes and "syncing" them by plugging them in at the same time.

Verizon needs to post a solution to this annoying issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure how Verizon can correct this issue.

Delays can be introduced by hardware utlization (DVR with only 1 remote is going to react differently than with 4) or network delays (type of coax, length of run between remote and VMS).

I had a similar issue with old DVR and STBs. DVR would buffer the signal as it was recording and playing.

Not sure why Quantum shouldn't be any different.

0 Likes
sadfootballfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now years later.  Has a solution been found for this problem?  I have a similar situation.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes