Re: TV One Mini has HDR on even though I did not turn it on
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

TV? the problem here for a direct line to Verizon technicians:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Toysmustwork

I just got Fios one and 3 minis a couple of days ago.  I have the DVR and 1 mini connected to 2 Sony X930D displays, one 65 and one 55 (mini).  While setting up boxes and tweaking video settings, I first noticed the 3D problem that all of them have with HBO 3D selection.  Then, I proceeded to play with Netflix, even though I have it on the TV, the fios boxes are hard wired so as not to eat WiFi bandwidth I’d prefer to use the Fios box.  After an impressive HDR experience, I found the issue with getting stuck in HDR mode.

First I adjusted all of the HDMI inputs on the TV to not have enhanced settings for HDMI turned on or on auto, I turned them off.  Then I changed the fios box resolution to 720.  Then I played Netflix in 720.  Then I tried each resolution higher one at a time to see if HDR came back but I was able to get all the way back to 4K with no problem so for now it seems to be fixed.  I’ll stick to Netflix on the TV system for now.  But I suggest trying that sequence to reset the boxes output.

0 Likes
Toysmustwork

I still expect the quirk, and the 3D issues, to be fixed though.  I had to pay a $50 activation fee, goswap the boxes and do the self install, for the privilege of losing my 3D service and having integration issues.  Seems like 2 issues that should have been caught before a product rollout, pretty basic.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Check the boxes to see which firmware level they have. 6.6 was supposed to fix that, but they are in the process of rolling out 6.7 now, depending on which VHO you are in.

Crabjuice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a mini stuck in DolbyVision any attempt to reset either has it stuck in HDR or DolbyVision. Firmware is 6.7 hooked up to a LG Oled B6.

If I turn off HDR(deep color on a LG) the mini forces it back on.

Only way to get out of DolbyVision/HDR is to set resolution to 720p, which is completely outrageous. Any help would be great...thanks.

saiyanzzrage
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here.  Just got my fios one boxes today.  DVR set to 2160p resolution in my living room is SDR as it should, but the mini box connected to my samsung QLED in the basement is forcing HDR when set to 2160p.  Only way to get it off of forced HDR is to set the resolution to 1080p, then it displays properly.  I have HDMI UHD color off for the fios one mini input, but it still forces HDR.  Running firmware 6.7 so this is not fixed.  Pretty lame...should have just cut the cord and went with hulu live.   

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Please report this situation here for further help:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

saiyanzzrage
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still an issue with new firmware 6.8...has anyone found a fix yet? 

0 Likes
Kidd2020

Same here got both mini and tv one box and my picture looks horrible!! Stuck on HDR no matter what I do!!! 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

With firmware version 6.8 there is supposed to be an option to turn on and off HDR. Problem is its NOT automatic,  so you have to re-enable HDR when the program calls for it. It should be in the video settings menu.