TV channel outage and pixalation
g8r82ny

I have been a Fios customer since it's inception.  In fact, the first tv in the house connected had such a great picture, when I informed Verizon of the quality, they were so thankful, I received a Visa gift card.  Now some, 15 or so years later, service has gone down hill so much, I'm very tempted to switch over to Optimum.  I can't stand the Dolans, so the last thing I want to do is give them my money.  But, business is business. 

Anyway, the issue now is, for over a week, seems like half the 200+ channels in my viewing package display the "don't subscribe" message or are completely pixalated.

Customer service reps insist on rereading my entire account history, then tell me they have to transfer me to Tech Support.  I'm currently on hold with Tech Support for over an hour.  I'm not calling into a radio talk show.  I'm calling my cable vendor who has me on hold for over an hour.  Service?  What service?

0 Likes
Re: TV channel outage and pixalation
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry your having a long hold time. But it definitely sounds like you’ll need some tech help. Pixelated picture comes from a weak signal. The cause could be anything from splitters, cable, or the main FiOS equipment. 

0 Likes
Re: TV channel outage and pixalation
g8r82ny

The problem isn't the on site tech support, it's dealing with off shore call centers staffed by non-english speaking employees who can't comprehend our issues, plain and simple.  The Verizon credo is now "sell first, service third".

0 Likes