Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
TV constantly loses signal & blacks out
LoneWolf21

Since my installation on 9/7/18, my TV has lost the signal 181 times.  Sometimes it goes out for a few seconds & comes back on.  And sometimes when the screen goes black, I get a green screen (sometimes flashing green) & my TV comes back on.  The worst "blackout" takes at least 3 minutes, the only way I can get my TV back on is to cut the power to the TV & STB, turn it back on, wait until I get "press menu" screen, the. The red Fios screen comes back & it downloads.  Very annoying to do this sometimes 6 times in an hour, missing too much of the show. This has been happening since day one, I've had a tech out here last week & he thought problem was fixed but my TV lost signal 9 times after he left.  So frustrated.  I had Cox for 33 years and switched to Verizon because started losing the signal May 2017. Now I have the same problem - only worse - with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: TV constantly loses signal & blacks out
Edg1
Super User
Super User

Green screens are usually the HDMI cable or HDMI port on TV(or cable box) is bad or going bad. I would first try a new HDMI cable and if probably still persists then change to a different HDMI port.