TV guide
pcsull
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who maintains the TV guide for FIOS? Reason being: they have botched the on-time off time for Saturday Night Live from 11:30 to 11:35 thru 01:35. The loss of the first five minutes of SNL is very important to me and probably the most entertaining part of SNL. I normally use DVR recording for SNL and lately have missed the first 5 minutes. PLEASE FIX THIS ERROR !!!!!

0 Likes
Re: TV guide
PJL
Master - Level 3

@pcsull wrote:

Who maintains the TV guide for FIOS? Reason being: they have botched the on-time off time for Saturday Night Live from 11:30 to 11:35 thru 01:35. The loss of the first five minutes of SNL is very important to me and probably the most entertaining part of SNL. I normally use DVR recording for SNL and lately have missed the first 5 minutes. PLEASE FIX THIS ERROR !!!!!

ITMS (Tribune Media Service) is the guide provider, the same used by TiVo.  The most recent SNL recorded correctly for us at 11:30.  We're in the Los Angeles market.  Where are you?

0 Likes
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

I just checked my guide on my tivo for this cominging saturday,and it shows saturday night live starting at 11:29  p.m.and ending at 1:02 a.m. I also live in southern calfonia.

0 Likes
pcsull
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the south central PA market using FIOS. The problem with SNL is not the only error in this TV guide application. There are errors all over the place especially with wrong titles . Someone is not doing their homework and checking the product for quality assurance.   Another particular instance is listing for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno show on NBC at 11:30 PM. It sometimes says it's the Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon and then repeats the Jimmy Fallon show at 12:36 AM. Please fix this or get someone who knows how to program the TV guide properly and can assure it's quality for paying CUSTOMERS.

Thanks for reading

0 Likes
pcsull
Enthusiast - Level 2

Error correction: The JAY LENO show starting time is listed as 11:30 . Should have read 11:35. MY ERROR.

Thanks for reading

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@pcsull wrote:

I'm in the south central PA market using FIOS. The problem with SNL is not the only error in this TV guide application. There are errors all over the place especially with wrong titles . Someone is not doing their homework and checking the product for quality assurance.   Another particular instance is listing for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno show on NBC at 11:30 PM. It sometimes says it's the Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon and then repeats the Jimmy Fallon show at 12:36 AM. Please fix this or get someone who knows how to program the TV guide properly and can assure it's quality for paying CUSTOMERS.

Thanks for reading

FYI, the previous guide data provider, was replaced earlier this year because of errors like you subscribe.  The guide providers just aggragate information given to them by the stations/networks, so errors like this are inevitable.  Bad data in equals bad data out unfortunately.

(This is a peer-to-peer forum, so addressing specific comments like this to Verizon usually has no impact, although one could hope that they monitor these forums for feedback like you've provided.)

0 Likes