TV has no HDMI input - FIOS one wireless box
Will21237

After my recent move, I was “upgraded” to the new wireless mini set-top boxes.  After installation, I noticed they had hooked up my 57” tv using RCA cables.  When I went to fix the problem, I realized the new boxes don’t have composite cable outputs.  Since my TV doesn’t have an HDMI input, the only way to watch TV with the new box is to use the RCA cables and watch in non-hi-def resolution.  Does anyone know a work around for this?  I’ve called Verizon numerous times (and spent forever on hold), but haven’t gotten a solution yet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV has no HDMI input - FIOS one wireless box
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your old tv originally hooked up to the previous box by component cables (RGB) + red and white for audio? If so you need to get an HDMI to component video converter box, about $30 to make it work in HD. You are actually using the composite outs of the box, the new ones have no provision for component (RGB) +LR audio.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your old tv originally hooked up to the previous box by component cables (RGB) + red and white for audio? If so you need to get an HDMI to component video converter box, about $30 to make it work in HD. You are actually using the composite outs of the box, the new ones have no provision for component (RGB) +LR audio.

Will21237

Yes - I was using the R/G/B wires with the old box to watch my TV in hi-def.  The new boxes don’t provide that option 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I should have added to my post that was a suggestion for the type of converter you need, not necessarily highly recommended by me. I have no idea how well made that particular device is!

Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

Not all converters work.  It has to be hdmi to component.  The converter must be hdmi 1.4 or above.  I ordered 3 from Amazon.  The first did not work.  Will try the other two and if one works, I will respond here.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes