TV outage
BAM-xj6

2 to 3 times a day for the past 2 weeks, the TV cuts off and comes back on automatically as well as other things on that circuit.  It does not trip the breaker.  Today the TV went off for 5 minutes this morning and 10 minutes this afternoon.  Is there any idfficulty in my area?  Last night the battery backup beeped and TV was off for 10 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: TV outage
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

From the symptoms you describe it sounds like your problem is with your electrical service and not with FiOS.

If only things on one circuit are going off and then back on, I suggest you call an electrician to look into what the problem is.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It sounds like your BBU or ONT is possibly going bad. Call Verizon support. They should be able to test the line to see if you are experiencing loss of power. If so they can dispatch out a technician to repair the issue.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I guess understanding where the problem might lie depends on understanding what  are the "other things on that circuit."  

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

NO TV,INTERNET and PHONE    intermittent outages lasting from a few minutes to a half hour 

started this afternoon and has continued into evening same pattern yesterday.

I DID NOTHING BUT WAIT and IT FIXED ITSELF.....DEFINITELY PROBLEM AT THEIR END NOT OUR IN HOUSE EQUIPMENT.

Bet heads will roll at VZ re this.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@TomH309 wrote:

NO TV,INTERNET and PHONE    intermittent outages lasting from a few minutes to a half hour 

started this afternoon and has continued into evening same pattern yesterday.

I DID NOTHING BUT WAIT and IT FIXED ITSELF.....DEFINITELY PROBLEM AT THEIR END NOT OUR IN HOUSE EQUIPMENT.

Bet heads will roll at VZ re this.

Does Verizon even know about your problem?  That is...did you call tech support and request some help?

0 Likes