Re: TV turns on by itself
Nuts4pi
Enthusiast - Level 1

2018-08-19 UPDATE:

The TV did NOT come on by itself this morning. The "fix" I posted yesterday worked!!!😄😁👍👌

0 Likes
SIMedic

Thanks a lot. This started happening with brand new LG OLED 65 C8 and also was happening on a Samsung 55KS8000. I was at my wits end. Thank you very much for you fix.😀😀😀

0 Likes
Kmr0728
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't find the setting for  under Menu:

Settings, Audio & Video TV control that mentions disabling CEC on STB.  So this didn't help me.  My family room TV turns on almost every day in the middle of the night.

0 Likes
Kmr0728
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just set this on all of my set top boxes.  I hope this works.  I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks 

0 Likes
emswd

We had the same problem and FOUND THE FIX!

Verizon couldn't do anything. The techs had never heard of the issue. Even with disabling the tv input control and the other suggestions in this thread, the tv kept turning on. 

While I can't explain it, I can tell you that the problem seems to be related to the HDMI cable and Verizon's new service/the Arris boxes. The trick is to use the color stream cables (the 5 plug analog connectors, 2 audio and 3 video) to connect your tv, not an HDMI cable. Verizon will give them to you. That is the only thing that solved the problem. We even tried switching the main receiver STB with the smaller STB and that didn't solve it either. The only variable was the cable and that was the solution. They cannot explain why but at least our tv isn't turning on every 30-45 min!

I hope this helps anyone who experiences this problem. This forum was really useful in us eliminating other potential culprits.

0 Likes
emswd

Not sure if you're still dealing with this but the answer is to connect your tv with the colorstream cables (5 analog plugs: 2 audio, 3 video) rather than HDMI. That is the only thing that fixed the problem for me (after trying every other suggestion in this forum).

0 Likes
Dawn210

Hi,

We are having the same problem and have tried all of these suggestions including swapping out box this morning and disabling the video input (which did not give us the choices listed here.).

Saw the HDMI cord  posts and thought “AHA” so we disconnected that, turned the TV off and a few minutes later it IT CAME BACK ON. The TV is not even connected to the box. We got a black “no signal” screen

I was shocked. I was so sure that would work.

Also ours comes back on within a few minutes of turning off every time, not 30-45 minutes as some have said. 

We have now unplugged the TV for the night. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated! 

0 Likes
TV won't stay powered down?
Gkk1

I am on my 2nd box in a week and the same issue keeps slowly reoccurring. I power down using the FiOS remote and after 5-10 minutes the TV powers back on and shows the message "Press Menu to watch.....".

It also happens when I use the Sony remote provided with the TV. Eventually the TV powers back on. 

How can I fix and keep this from happening? 

0 Likes
Re: TV won't stay powered down?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

First I would try going Menu/Settings/Audio & Video/Video Settings/TV Input Control and set to Disable. 

If it still does it you’ll probably have to turn the same settings off in you TV. Different brands have different name so just search your TV brand and HDMI CEC. 

charliethetuna

Kudo's...I turned the CEC off and the TV turns off and stays off!

Thanks

0 Likes