TV volume slider randomly shows up
Brian1314891

I just upgraded to Fios TV 1, which connects through a vizio sound bar to HDMI Arc. The Tv volume slider randomly pops up on the tv. I can’t figure out how to make this stop. I have disconnected each device to see what’s causing it and it still happens. Any advice would be great 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV volume slider randomly shows up
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Brian131489 wrote:

I just upgraded to Fios TV 1, which connects through a vizio sound bar to HDMI Arc. The Tv volume slider randomly pops up on the tv. I can’t figure out how to make this stop. I have disconnected each device to see what’s causing it and it still happens. Any advice would be great 

Sounds like the Fios remote or the TV is trying to access the volume on the Fios box. I'd start by disabling Video input control in the Fios video menu. While you're there check in Audio options and make sure volume is set to Fixed. Reboot the box and it should be OK. If not, make sure the soundbar and TV are on, and reprogram the remote.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Brian131489 wrote:

Sounds like the Fios remote or the TV is trying to access the volume on the Fios box. I'd start by disabling Video input control in the Fios video menu. While you're there check in Audio options and make sure volume is set to Fixed. Reboot the box and it should be OK. If not, make sure the soundbar and TV are on, and reprogram the remote.

0 Likes
Brian1314891

Thank you ! I disabled tv input control and it stopped. 

0 Likes