TV won't stay paired with soundbar
TLaud

We have a recurring (and of course frustrating) problem since switching to Fios that our soundbar doesn't stay paired to the TV.  Probably 25-50% of the time that we turn the tv on, the soundbar doesn't come on.  We go through all of the steps to re-pair it, and then a few days later it happens again.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One, no sound from sound bar
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Try going into the Fios Voice Remote menu and disabling video input control. If that doesn't help try simply toggling it on and off. Just a shot in the dark.

View solution in original post

Re: TV won't stay paired with soundbar
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more SPECIFIC information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model Nos. ?
TV

Sound Bar

Fios 

Re: Fios TV One, no sound from sound bar
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Try going into the Fios Voice Remote menu and disabling video input control. If that doesn't help try simply toggling it on and off. Just a shot in the dark.

TLaud

It's a Samsung TV and a Bose sound bar.  (I'd have to look really hard for the model numbers).  

We have the newest fios equipment (remote and boxes) since we are new customers (<6 months)

I'm not sure what you mean by Fios.  

Does that help?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

How do you have the equipment wired? HDMI from Fios One to sound bar, sound bar HDMI to tv? Optical to soundbar? Details please.

Cliff11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem with a Samsung TV and SoundBbar.  I removed HDMI connection and used Optical Connection.  I know there are some who think the Optical Connection is inferior.   Sounds the same to me.  I have 5.1 surround sound and it all works fine.  No problems since making this change.  It's been over 2 years now.