Terrible Pixelation on FX-HD and NFL NETWORK HD
nyboy42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else experience extremely poor picture quality with FX-HD and NFL Network HD?  There is massive pixelation and compression artifacting.  Can someone please look into these 2 channels? im also experiencing general pixelation across all channels with my HD service but FX-HD and NFL NETWORK HD are basically unwatchable.  This is prevalent on all HDTVs in my home.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Pixelation on FX-HD and NFL NETWORK HD
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I currently do not see any widespread issues with the channels you have mentioned. Since it's happening on all TVs, there may be an issue with the splitter or anything back to your fiber hub.

A good thing to check is the signal to noise ratio- this will let you know if the pixelation is being cause by interference in your home. To check in-band SNR, you need to pull up the diagnostics menu. To do this, tune to the channel that is pixelating, turn off the STB and press OK, OK (or select, select on the front) and go into the in-band status menu. Under the frequency of the QAM channel you're currently tuned to will be the SNR value. It should be at least 30db. You may want to watch it a bit to see if it fluxuates. DVR STBs will have two SNR values: one for each tuner.

If all STBs are showing bad SNR value, possible bad splitter, main feed or ONT coax jack.

If some bad, some good, then either those local coax legs or the splitter ports.

If all show good, then it's probably not something in your house.

Let us know what you find!