Terrible customer service, probably ILLEGAL practice
ABAY1

We  ordered an on- demand movie named  "Arrdvark" based on the following describtion and cast:

"Don Peyote tells the story of Warren Allman (Dan Fogler), an unemployed actor who finally finds a purpose in life after he has an unpleasant encounter with a homeless man who tells him that the end is near. Fueled by vivid apocalyptic dreams, Warren becomes obsessed with 2012 doomsday theories and decides to make a movie about the end of the world while his fiance is busy planning their wedding.

Director: -NA-

Cast & Credits: Dan Fogler,Anne Hathaway,Josh Duhamel,Topher Grace,Jay Baruchel,Wallace Shawn"

And  we started to watch it. Of course, it was completely a different movie, with completely different cast. Next morning we called verizon to ask for refund. After 45 min waiting on the phone, the answer was "NO".

What Verizon does (giving wrong information about an unpopular movie to lure unsuspecting customers) is probably ILLEGAL. It could be intentional or not. But they don't accept their responsibility, they don't even care that they made a mistake.

I can't imagine any other business type, giving wrong information about a product, and doesn't even apoligise for the mistake (if it was unintentional mistake) and refuses refund.

Another example of terrible customer service from Verizon, recently became a norm. Unfortunately they are not the same company any more which known with good customer care. I will not renew my contract with them. Loosing a customer who pays several thousand dollars a year,  over 5 dolar refund will probably give them a message.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service, probably ILLEGAL practice
jfalk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suspect (but cannot prove, obviously) that the result would have been different if you'd watched, say, 10 minutes of the movie and called right away.

0 Likes