Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Andy_in_MD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  is it because Weather Channel  is owned by Comcast? 

Papa-Tom
Enthusiast - Level 2

accuweather does not show MY weather.

weather bug sucks.

bring back my weather channel!!!

Re: The Weather Channel
Steve175
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is ridiculous. We pay premium prices for this service. Many rely on the accurate and timely weather for their livelihood and well-being. This replacement will not suffice. If Verizon has the option to cancel a service that we, in good faith, have paid to have, do we have the option to discount our payment due to discounted service or due to you not providing the service we agreed to? Hurricane and severe weather season is coming, Verizon, please fix this. You have enough money to pay Weather Channel - you raise our prices, pay for increase costs with it instead of lining your pockets. Like others have stated, contracts come up for renewal - there are options for other providers. At least we can choose who to send our hard earned money to. 

Not applicable

I also agree.  This was quite a shock to me.  I consider The Weather Channel and WeatherScan necessities for my cable service.  This will be a deal breaker for me.  If this is not resolved in a timely fashion I will be returning to Comcast - the company I left for Verizon years ago.

Re: Bring WeatherScan Back!
alwarner
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is outrageous! After years of watching the most trusted weather people on the planet we are now forced into second rate coverage! Our family had counted on channel 49 and 119 for accurate weather information and you have taken it away. Just one more reason to not like Verizon. What do you plan to do next – raise the world’s highest rates again?  Thanks for considering your customers - Verizon!

Weather scan channel 49
Butt0ns1
Enthusiast - Level 1
My Channel 49 (weather scan) is no longer available ... can you fix this? I an in Anne Arundel county, MD and not on HD TV. Thanks.
mungchimp
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon removed The Weather Channel with no notification or warning and no chance for viewer discourse. This is the tipping point for me, I will be cancelling my TV and Phone services today. Sneaky &%#*%!
mungchimp
Enthusiast - Level 1

$39 million...
MisterVapor
Enthusiast - Level 2
...that was the total compensation for SIX Verizon Executives in 2013. At the end of 2014, Verizon had approximately 6 million video subscribers. In the Direct TV-weather channel dispute, they stated the extra monthly cost being disputes was $0.01 per subscriber per month. So, 6 million subs is 72 million per year...which means the extra annual cost is about $93,000.

So, Verizon, are you REALLY going to tell me paying your Execs $39 MILLION is more important than the $93k you could be paying to keep your customers happy?!?! you've GOT to be kidding me.
Weather Channel
Jevcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been considering dropping FIOS anyway.  Dropping the Weather Channel gives us one more reason to drop FIOS.