Re: The Weather Channel
DLPYLE
Agree with all...TWC was a staple in our daily viewing. Very poor business Verizon! So much for caring about the customer!!
0 Likes
Return The Weather Channel
Forecastdude1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's amazing to me that we sign a contract with Verizon for a programming tier and pay a botload of money for all the stations in that tier.  Verizon can drop the Weather Channel and be in breach of contract IMO but a customer can't drop service without paying the contract penalty.  It seems contracts are one sided and only benefit Verizon.  

Lack of hotspots vs cable alliance, core channels being dropped (Weather Channel), less free on-demand content that Xfinity, no cloud based DVR or immediate plans to implement one.  Lets see how much money we can get out of existing customers and not update or pay content providers anymore.

Seems like we pay more each 2 year term and get less in return.  So tired of the phone "tree" and getting employess who read from a script or worse yet on-line chat is horrible in resolving problems.  I thought Xfinity was bad but Fios has become just as bad or worse and is NOT keepng up wtih what the competition is offering.  

Bye Bye Fios unless things change within the next 18 months and you have some deals for long time customers rather than an upsell every 2 years and then drop key core channels.  Why don't you try dropping the NFL or Baseball networks and see what kind of comments you get?  Sad but it's all about revenue for Verizon and the heck with caring about customers!

Re: Return The Weather Channel
wanda13
Enthusiast - Level 1

are you serious?  I'm a outdoors man by trade, meaning i make a living working outside.  I use the weather channel daily and plan my work upon the weather.  If its raining in the Richmond area, i can go to the tidewater area to work and vise versa.  Now this crap that verizon has on wont allow me to effectively plan my work load, causing an effect of decreased pay causing me not to be able to pay verizon over 200.00 per month for cable.  I've never been a fan of direct TV, but if they still carry the weather channel i might be forced to switched.  Very disappointed in verizon, they did not even send a notice that it was ending.  truly verizon does not care.....      

Re: Bring WeatherScan Back!
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

@gibby2717 wrote:

I agree.  Can't see LOCAL weather.  Have been watching for 40 minutes...it's all about the east coast.  I live in TEXAS.  I don't care what the weather is, in Richmond.  i want to know what is happening / going to happen here.  Stupid, stupid decision, without consulting their customer base. Stupid.

Gibby i'm 'in Florida and I see Texas now... maybe I can call you and tell you what I see....   any chance you have my weather there?

cbrowndc
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel is the primary reason for subscribing to FIOS and getting the package I did.  By removing the Weather Channel, Verizon has changed a significant part of my cable subscription.  I now consider my contact VOID.  I plan to research and change my provider.  Maybe not just the TV..

The AccuWeather channel is worse than useless.  The "weather readers" offer nothing.  I would prefer a computer generated voice reading me the information.  It's use of viral videos about weather is insulting.  If I want a radar picture, I will go online and get one.  Or wait for TWC's Local on the 8's.  Not be subjected to the "weather readers" and the rotating views of the country.

Bring back the Weather Channel!!!  Now, before the severe storms crank up and I can't get useful information.

0 Likes
cbrowndc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please consider those of us who do not have ready and constant access to the internet or apps.  There are some of us who rely on the television and specifically The Weather Channel to get updates on the local and national level.

avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

@cbrowndc wrote:

Please consider those of us who do not have ready and constant access to the internet or apps.  There are some of us who rely on the television and specifically The Weather Channel to get updates on the local and national level.

I really don't think we have to justify why we watch the network.. they're giving us a service we pay for.. we only have to say that 'we want it'.. that's it..  and if they want to accept many of us as acceptable losses.. well so be it..  we have other options..

chimesstreet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once again, verizon doesnt care about its customers. Just the bottom line. Reminds me of the mess with the SEC network last summer. I actually had an appointment with Comcast scheduled when Verizon finally got on board. 

Now, they arent even negotiating. The Weather Channel is gone for good. I hope people will leave Verizon because of this. 

Re: can't fgure out where to file a complain
songwright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, I just wanted to state my adversity to the stance Verizon has taken to drop the Weather Channel from it's package.

There was no place to contact them and complain.  I found this forum subject and thought I'd chime in with my displeasure.

Horrible on-line customer contact options.

0 Likes
Loss of Weather Channel
BCMueller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely disappointed in the loss of The Weather Channel. Waking up to someone positive like Sam Champion started my day our right. The AccuWeather Channel is mundane. 

In addition to the positive morning weather report, I enjoyed the informational segments and other intriguing shows offered via The Weather Channel. Verizon has made a poor choice. My choice is to return to Time Warner when my contract expires. Time Warner seems more relevant to my preferences and to my news choices: San Diego news instead of LA news. 

Sometimes it's the little things that count. 

0 Likes