The Weather Channel / Weather Nation / Accuweather
RonFord
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very Disappointed that The Weather Channel and Verizon FIOS have not come to terms.  The ONLY people that are losing out are those whom count on The Weather Channel during severe weather.  I think Verizon should cut a deal with Weather Nation and add a LIVE weather type channel, the Accuweather channel is taped segments that run until a forecast change or an update is needed.  The best:  Do what Directv is doing and add both Weather Nation and The Weather Channel, and while you're at it lets keep Accuweather too.

I realize it's always all about the money, but consider your customers needs.  You carry some 600 channels, of which I can tell you some should not even be in your line up at all, but they are still on...  Then take an important channel like The Weather Channel, and you people take them off because you can't agree on money.  How about swallowing  the cost and think of your customers first.  I am in process of looking at other options, and should I decide on one, the money you lose coming in from me, will make it that much more difficult for you guys to raise the money to put the The Weather hannel back n FIOS.  Come on Verizon....

Re: The Weather Channel / Weather Nation / Accuweather
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was out of town this weekend and got a chance to view TWC.

A lot of people complain about having to wait for their local area to come around on Accuweather.

Same is true for TWC. I was watching for my area and when I tuned in, they were on another area.

And of course there were the reality shows.

We all have our likes and dislikes.

And there is no way for Verizon to swallow the cost.
They are in it to make money (as are all of the other cable providers).

Each one has to decided what offerings at what price. Customers get to choose by moving their business where they want.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel / Weather Nation / Accuweather
Not applicable

I too was out of town last week and elated to have TWC once again.  It has strengthened my resolve to leave Verizon at the completion of our contract unless TWC and WeatherScan are returned to the lineup.  There is NO other station that does what TWC does.  My location last week did not include WeatherScan, but TWC has Local on the 8s without fail (unless it is during one of their TV shows later in the evening).  The location for the forecast was not the VERY town I was in, but a nearby town that shared the same weather AND radar.  The scroll also included pertinent traffic information all during the day which no other station does. During my stay, I had TWC on all day.  I was once a very happy customer with Verizon, no more.  Verizon FIOS has more undesirable channels than desirable ones.  I will leave early next  year unless this is resolved.  Verizon Wireless will be the first to go - that contract ends next month and everyone in the household is on board with leaving.  This is the most egregious business decision I have ever seen and it is costing them in lost customers.  The fallout will continue as those of us approach the end of our contracts.  The longer it goes, the more customers leave.  Once I have left, I will not return.  Please reverse your decision Verizon.

BRING WEATHER CHANNEL BACK!!
sjdm2000

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL....PLEASE! I have given Accuweather many a chance to wow me...no such luck....It's ridiculously lame! Please tell me why Fios switched!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Cre11

I am very upset that they took off TWC.  This Accuweather is terrible for me.  I don't have 20 minutes time to stand in front of the TV to wait for my city and state to come up.  Besides they removed Channel 49 where you can get the widget and find out your local weather.  This is all that I need.  Thank you very much.  I have to go through local channels to find out about the weather and in DE it is mostly all Philly weather and since it is close to us, I have to add or subtract a few degrees, etc.  To me the Accuweather is a waste of time and money.  Please return TWC please.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get the same thing that was on 49 to launch widget by hitting the widget button, scrolling to weather widget and hitting ok.

0 Likes
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

The widget is not the Weather Channel, it's the weatherbug which is useless.

0 Likes
RBrown2

I want the Weather Channel back.  Accuweather sucks!

I live in Florida in a very hurricane active area.  Accuweather has nothing to guide me or keep me up to date on what is happening in the tropics.  This is crazy...I need the weather channel.  With tropical storm Bill it has made me all that more aware of this need.  I wanted to complain directly to Verizon, but there seems to be no way to do that on the Verizon site other than these forums, which probably no one at corporate even reads or cares about,

Give us back the Weather Channel.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tiara wrote:

The widget is not the Weather Channel, it's the weatherbug which is useless.

Never said it was.

Was responding to comments that widget had been taken away from Ch 49. Just saying how you still had access to the widget, just a little differently.

0 Likes
EricDee1978
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

You can get the same thing that was on 49 to launch widget by hitting the widget button, scrolling to weather widget and hitting ok.

Channel 49 is no longer on the lineup, CRobGauth. There is no launch point for that widget anymore, and WeatherBug is hardly an adequate replacement.

0 Likes