Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
The ability to download dvr content for offline viewing
Evey_c

I have loads of content on my DVR for my daughter. Now that she has gotten a little older (3), I would like her to view content when mommy is out trying to take care of herself or travel, without access to the internet. With the amount of money we pay, we should be able to download some content for offline viewing. She has an older tablet (bc she damaged the newer one) and the fios app is not compatible with the device and it wouldn't help without internet anyway. I shouldn't have to keep paying for content I already paid for. Please listen to people's needs and provide Services we need and can use. 

0 Likes
Re: The ability to download dvr content for offline viewing
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Evey_c wrote:

I have loads of content on my DVR for my daughter. Now that she has gotten a little older (3), I would like her to view content when mommy is out trying to take care of herself or travel, without access to the internet. With the amount of money we pay, we should be able to download some content for offline viewing. She has an older tablet (bc she damaged the newer one) and the fios app is not compatible with the device and it wouldn't help without internet anyway. I shouldn't have to keep paying for content I already paid for. Please listen to people's needs and provide Services we need and can use. 

Unless you purchased the recordings, you really do not own them. That's the idea of DVR. There is really no LEGAL way to transfer the recordings to another device, only share them. Not Verizon's deal, the studios and content creators wanted it that way to protect copyright.

Look here for older versions of the App that might work on her tablet:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/verizon-services-corp/fios-tv/

0 Likes
Evey_c

Thank you for the link. I truly appreciate it. However, without access to the internet,  it still wouldn't work. I'm not sure how Netflix and Comcast do it, but they do. Thanks for trying. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Evey_c wrote:

Thank you for the link. I truly appreciate it. However, without access to the internet,  it still wouldn't work. I'm not sure how Netflix and Comcast do it, but they do. Thanks for trying. 

Just go to McDonald's or Starbucks and use their free internet to download the AP to the tablet, or load it to a USB stick, or e-mail it to yourself.

0 Likes