Tivo Moca no longer working after upgrading from G1000 to G3100 router
BrokenTivo

Even since upgrading to the Fios G3100 router the Tivo bridge i have installed on on one my Tivos no longer works. It appears to connect to the network and able to ping IP's etc. but when I run a speed test, while there is decent (but not great) download speeds, there is no upload speed at all. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to make the Tivo bridge work again?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
Re: Tivo Moca no longer working after upgrading from G1000 to G3100 router
BrokenTivo

Ok, I was able to get moca to work by going back to g1100 router and using it just as the moca bridge. Verizon claims g3100 should work but they lie. 

0 Likes
Re: Tivo Moca no longer working after upgrading from G1000 to G3100 router
BrokenTivo

To elaborate, I am pretty sure the issue with the g3100 is that it supports MOCA 2.5 and the bridge I am using probably isn't compatible anymore. I haven't been able to test this as a new bridge cost $100 but I suspect this is the issue. As mentioned before the bridge was able to connect to the network and assign an IP to the TiVo device but was severely throttled and only allowed download. As soon as I reconnected the old g1000 router things went back to normal. I now have both routers connected using the g3100 as the DHCP server and have disabled that on the g1000 router. I also made sure to avoid any IP conflicts by changing the range. 

0 Likes