Trouble cycling through TV input with FiOS remote
toozie21

This seems simple, but I have searched everywhere for it!  I have a standard FiOS remote that has the A/V button in the bottom left corner.  If I press the button, the TV brings its menu for me to select which input I want to use (coax, HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.), but all the button on the remote seem to effect the DVR, not the TV.  

I currently hit the button with the FiOS remote, then get the TV's remote and can cycle to a different input (all I need are up, down, and OK to choose the selection).  Is there anyway to do this through the FiOS remote?

0 Likes
Re: Trouble cycling through TV input with FiOS remote
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens if you push the TV button first before trying to use the arrow keys to affect the menu on the TV?  Sounds like you have the remote in "STB" mode such that most all the commands from the remote come out for control of the STB.

0 Likes
toozie21

While googling this, I saw some suggestions for doing that, but I don't actually have a TV button.  It has a "TV power" button in the upper left and an "STB power" in the upper right.  Otherwise I cannot find anything labeled just TV...

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@toozie21 wrote:

While googling this, I saw some suggestions for doing that, but I don't actually have a TV button.  It has a "TV power" button in the upper left and an "STB power" in the upper right.  Otherwise I cannot find anything labeled just TV...

Not on all remotes.  The so called "four button" remote controls Up to 4 devices and has buttons labeled DVD, AUX, TV, and STB.  Pressing one of these cause many of the buttons to only effect that device.

0 Likes
toozie21

I guesss I don't have one of those remotes.  Is there anyway to do what I want with this one?  It does have the ability to control the TV since I can turn it on/off, adjust the volume, etc.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@toozie21 wrote:

I guesss I don't have one of those remotes.  Is there anyway to do what I want with this one?  It does have the ability to control the TV since I can turn it on/off, adjust the volume, etc.

Based on your description of the remote having only a TV Power and STB Power button, you have a Verizon P265 remote.

It should work. I have an old Toshiba TV that I use a P265 Remote with, and I just verified that the A/V button does in fact work on that TV. Repeatedly pressing the A/V button cycles my TV through the various inputs as it should - just to be sure, yours does not do that?

If that doesn't work, you may be able to find another code that will work on your TV. If you haven't tried it, here is a link to the Verizon web page describing how to search for a code for a TV on the P265 remote:

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/questionsone/127954.htm

Pay close attention to the instructions to test the A/V button.

Other than the above, the only suggestion I have is to post here the brand and model of your TV, perhaps someone else has experienced the same thing and found the solution.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

With that remote, you can program individual keys.  

So read the directions very carefully during set up.  

Verizon P265
Verizon P265 Remote Control

Instructions

Set up your remote

User guidePDF icon

Remote codes

Find remote codes

No code for my device

Existing codes don't work

Guided help

Select Ask Verizon to the right.

Type setup remote to program or reprogram your remote.

Type broken remote to troubleshoot your remote control issue.

Trouble with your remote? See Fix remote control problems

Want to buy the Verizon P265 remote? Visit the FiOS Equipment & Accessories Store

When you click on set up your remote the section you want to pay attention to is this

• Press and hold the OK and 0 (zero) buttons at the same time.
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

• Enter the remote code for your TV that you located in step 1.
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

• Press and release the Ch+ button until the TV turns off. You can also back up by pressing the Ch- button.

NOTE: Some TVs may respond slower than others to buttons pressed on the remote so wait at least 1 second between button presses.

• Test your remote to ensure it is working properly:
    - Turn on the TV by pressing the TV button on your FiOS TV remote.
    - Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons to ensure that you can control the volume.
    - Press the Mute and A/V buttons to ensure they work.

If any of these buttons do not work, press and hold that button. Release the button as soon as it is working.  <~~~~~~

• If all the buttons work, press OK to save your settings.

0 Likes
toozie21

That is the remote I have, but it still doesn't work.  I am not sure.  I tried the random sweeping option, but that didn't work either.  Is there any other place to look up codes?

0 Likes
Brookesmoss
I am having the same issue with my Mitsubishi dlp tv. Has anyone found a solution to this?
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did you guys press and hold input until it popped up?   that is what I had to do and it worked perfectly.  after I did that I hit ok to lock in my code.  that's an important step

0 Likes