Tv pictures pixelate
linfeldman
The television screen pixelated and totally breaks up the images. Most recent was a movie we rented and now can't watch. So we lost $5.99. Do we need a new stb? This will be the second box that has done this.
0 Likes
Re: Tv pictures pixelate
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello linfieldman!

How often does the pixelation happen? When you say "second box", do you mean for this location? Has a box been replaced for the same issue? Also, does the pixelation happen during live TV as well, or only when trying to view a movie rental or other On Demand content?

What you can try doing to remedy this, is to disconnect the power cable to your box, then reconnect the coax cable that comes from the wall/splitter to the back of the box. Wait about 15 seconds and then reconnect the coax cable to the box, followed by the power cable. After the box reboots itself, check to see if the pixelation comes back or not.

If it does come back, try seeing if you can move the box into a working location and hook it up there. This will help you isolate if the problem is with the box or with the cabling in the original location.

Hope this helps, linfeldman! If the issue persists, just let us know how the troubleshooting went and we'll be more than happy to assist!

-Josh S

0 Likes
linfeldman
Thanks josh. Pixelation happens occasionally. It was happening on TNT yesterday too. Occasionally means a couple times a week. Yes this happened with a different box -- with increasing frequency until it was happening more often than not. Verizon sent us a new box and the issue went away for about 5 months I would guess We'll try your remedy. Probably over next weekend when we have time.
0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

No problem at all linfeldman! 5 months is quite some time, so it very well may be just the box, but isolating the issue will definitely help you find out exactly where the problem lies. Just let us know how it goes during the weekend!

-Josh S

0 Likes
shock1956

My TV started doing the same thing immediately after installing the newer set top box this past summer.  I am of the opinion that the problem is within the new box itself.  Good luck getting Verizon to EVER acknowledge this.  It has gotten so bad that sometimes the box seems to reset itself.  The TV goes dark and the box display shuts off and is running through it's reboot.  This actually eliminates the picture quality issue for the time being, but it ALWAYS returns at some point later.  I left Comcast years ago for exactly these same reasons.  **bleep** poor picture quality that they couldn't resolve.  I switched to satellite for a few years, but when Fios became available in my area I switched to Fios.  I may go back to satellite if Verizon doesn't take some drastic steps soon.  This crap is getting OLD!

0 Likes
VTkillabee78

I am having a similiar issue for over a month now on certain channels.  I noticed on spike TV that there would be pixilation then the screen would go to black for around 3 to 4 seconds.  This happens about every 30 seconds.  There was no issue before this and it is only on the HD side.  Now VH1 is starting to have the same issue.  I did a live chat about the issue and they told me that I would be charged for a Technician just to come out and check things over.  I said absolutely not.  This has been the worst customer service experience I've ever had and now I can't wait for our contract to end. 

0 Likes
TX549
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having same problem with pixilation on tv about a month ago.  Can’t watch On-Demand shows on DVR and Set-top box.  Can’t watch recorded shows on the set-top box (have multi-room dvr).  Verizon sent a new set-top box and still have same problem.  Live chat with customer tech support and unable to resolve problem.  I was told a technician would need to come to the house and check it out and would not know the cost of charges until service call completed.  I declined since I don’t know how expensive this repair would run.  Guess I will live without the On-Demand feature as well as not being able to watch recorded shows on set-top box.

0 Likes